Perhaps more than anyone, mothers understand the meaning of personal sacrifice. Since pregnancy can have long-lasting effects on the contours and firmness of the body, you may feel disconnected from your new shape. Your pre-baby clothes may no longer fit. Deflated, shapeless breasts and a soft, saggy belly may make you feel unattractive and uncomfortable with your appearance. The Mommy Makeover is a customized combination of procedures to meet your individual needs and reclaim your pre-pregnancy figure. With your personally designed Mommy Makeover, Dr. Thompson can help you obtain a leaner, more toned, and more confident you.
What Is Discussed During My Mommy Makeover Consultation?
Dr. Thompson desires to help you have the most rewarding experience possible with your Mommy Makeover, and that begins with your initial consultation. This in-depth consultation will be a discussion between you two about your hopes and desires for your Mommy Makeover as well as your procedure options, your medical history, any plans for future children, and other important details. Dr. Thompson will also evaluate your figure and make recommendations for which treatments will best help you achieve the new look you desire. Imaging technology such as TouchMD and Crisalix Imaging will make it possible for you to visualize your expected results. During your consultation, your Mommy Makeover will be custom-designed precisely for your needs. Dr. Thompson will also give you details on how to prepare for your procedure so that you will know what to expect.
Which Procedure Can Be Included in a Mommy Makeover?
- Many Mommy Makeovers include breast augmentation to improve breast size, firmness, and shape.
- Breast augmentation reverses volume loss and redefines the shape of the breasts.
- Breast implants come in a variety of styles and can help you achieve the breast profile you desire.
- Dr. Thompson uses Crisalix Imaging to help you visualize your new look and determine which implant size and style will provide you with your dream results.
- This breast surgery is often combined with a breast lift in the Mommy Makeover to produce full, perky, and youthful breasts.
- If your breasts have grown to be larger than you would like after pregnancy and nursing, your Mommy Makeover may include a breast reduction to reduce their size and improve your proportions.
- Breast reduction corrects cumbersome, overly large breasts that negatively impact your quality of life, interfere with activities you love, create an unbalanced appearance, and draw unwanted attention.
- This procedure removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the breasts.
- This breast surgery is often combined with a breast lift in the Mommy Makeover to restore balanced, firm, and perky breasts.
- Mommy Makeover procedures usually include a breast lift to improve the shape and firmness of the breasts.
- A breast lift reverses breast sagging due to breastfeeding and aging and may suit your needs if you have experienced any volume loss and ptosis (droop).
- This procedure focuses on repositioning sagging breast tissue to create firmer, shapelier, and more youthful breasts.
- The projection of your nipples and size of your areolas can be improved to highlight a more natural breast appearance.
- This breast surgery is often combined with either a breast augmentation or breast reduction in the Mommy Makeover to improve breast size, shape, firmness, position, and appearance.
- Mommy Makeover procedures usually include a tummy tuck to address the effects that pregnancy may have on the waistline.
- A tummy tuck is ideal for women with excess skin on the abdomen and/or a belly pooch caused by flaccid abdominal muscles.
- This procedure addresses weakened, lax abdominal tissues and restores a flat, firm, and toned abdomen.
- A tummy tuck tightens the abdominal muscles, removes excess skin, and positions the remaining skin to highlight your natural abdominal contours and definition.
- Many Mommy Makeover patients choose to receive liposuction to remove fat deposits following pregnancy.
- Liposuction addresses stubborn fatty areas along the hips, thighs, abdomen, arms, back, and other areas as desired.
- Liposuction with the MicroAire PAL® System breaks up excess fat with an electrically powered handpiece and removes the fat from the body through a thin tube.
- Women with good skin elasticity can consider having liposuction as a standalone procedure. Women with skin laxity may wish to combine liposuction with tummy tuck surgery or other body contouring surgeries (as in a Mommy Makeover) to achieve a better body shape.
- Liposuction is a safe and permanent solution for eliminating excess fat and can help women recapture youthful and slender body contours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Patients seeking Mommy Makeover procedures are tired and frustrated with the look of their bodies. Diet and exercise can only get you so far, and you may not be able to achieve the tone and definition you desire. Candidates should be in overall good health and have realistic expectations. You may be a candidate for a Mommy Makeover if you wish to correct one or more of the following issues:
- Volume loss in the breasts
- Mild to severe ptosis of the breasts
- Breasts that lack youthful shape and appearance
- An abdominal pooch
- Abdominal laxity
- Stubborn excess fat anywhere on the body
- A lack of abdominal definition or tone
- Loose abdominal skin
What other procedures can I include with my Mommy Makeover?
In addition to the standard procedures (breast augmentations, breast reductions, breast lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction treatments), your Mommy Makeover can include virtually any plastic surgery procedure or treatment you desire. Of course, this will be limited to procedures for which you are a good candidate. These may include:
- An arm lift
- A body lift
- A thigh lift
- Coolsculpting® treatments (although this will be performed at a separate time)
If you are interested in pursuing additional treatment options, consult Dr. Thompson, and he will offer his expert recommendations based on your aesthetic goals.
Should I wait to get a Mommy Makeover until I am done having children?
There is no requirement that women only have a Mommy Makeover after they have finished having children. However, pregnancy can reduce the beneficial effects of a Mommy Makeover, especially in the abdomen and breasts. For this reason, many women prefer to wait until they are done having children. Should a woman get pregnant after a Mommy Makeover, some benefits of the procedure may be lost, but there are no additional health risks.
Can a Mommy Makeover remove stretch marks?
Depending on the placement of the marks you want to be removed, a Mommy Makeover may be able to remove some or all of the undesirable skin. That said, a Mommy Makeover is not designed for stretch mark removal, and so it may not be possible to do so. Your surgeon will be able to evaluate your unwanted skin and determine if they can remove it as part of a Mommy Makeover.
What kind of anesthesia is used for a Mommy Makeover?
Most Mommy Makeovers are performed using general anesthesia. Some procedures may be performed using intravenous sedation.
What is the recovery like after a Mommy Makeover?
The length of your Mommy Makeover recovery will vary depending on the number of procedures performed and the extent of correction required. All patients should arrange childcare for at least the first two weeks after their surgery. You should also plan to reduce your activities and have someone assist you in your home for several days following surgery. You will experience bruising, swelling, and redness in the treated areas, which may begin to subside one or two weeks after the surgery. A specialty support bra and/or compression garments should be worn for a few weeks following your procedure to achieve the best results possible. In some cases, drains may be temporarily placed to remove any accumulating fluid due to swelling. Medications are provided to alleviate any discomfort and reduce the risk of infection. Dr. Thompson uses EXPAREL® to ease discomfort after tummy tuck surgery. You should plan to be away from work for at least two weeks or more after your Mommy Makeover. Most patients can resume regular activities four to six weeks after the Mommy Makeover. Wait to resume strenuous physical exercise until Dr. Thompson has cleared you to do so. Dr. Thompson will discuss the details and timeline for your individual recovery with you in person.
What level of scarring should I expect?
Dr. Thompson takes great care to minimize scarring, and incisions are placed in discreet locations. The extent of your scarring will depend on your body’s natural healing process and the techniques selected by you and Dr. Thompson. Most scarring that does develop is likely to fade over time. Dr. Thompson offers BioCorneum® to help reduce and treat visible scarring.
What results can I look forward to?
Mommy Makeover patients are typically very pleased with their more slender and attractive figures after surgery. All Mommy Makeover procedures provide permanent correction and can be life changing. However, the long-term quality of your results will depend on your lifestyle. Therefore, additional pregnancies should be considered when planning the timing of your procedure. It is best to practice healthy lifestyle habits to help maintain your slender and youthful body contours after any body contouring procedure.
We Want to Hear From You!
Our staff is ready to answer all of your questions, assist you with scheduling your personal consultation, and start your path toward reclaiming a youthful, feminine, and attractive body shape.Schedule A Consultation
“As always Dr. Thompson and the staff are awesome. They have answers to all your questions and make you feel at home, lets not forget the fact that no matter what you get done you will be happy with the results.”Lillian L. (Patient since 2019)
Connect With Us On Social
Contact Us For A Consultation
Don’t wait any longer to look and feel your best.
Dr. Thompson will work with you to design your personalized aesthetic goals. Call 732-410-4789 today to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.