Fun Fact Facts for Father’s Day
1. The first Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910.
2. In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson issued a proclamation calling for the third Sunday in June to be recognized as Father’s Day. In 1972, President Richard Nixon permanently established the observance of the third Sunday in June as Father’s Day in the United States.
3. Father’s Day is the fourth-biggest day for sending greeting cards, after Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, according to the Greeting Card Association.
4. In the underwater world of the seahorse, it’s the male that gets to carry the eggs and birth the babies.
5. He wants to look and feel great, too.
(hint: gift cards make the perfect gift!)